Why Burj Khalifa is famous
Burj Khalifa is also known as Khalifa Tower. Formally known as Dubai Tower, which was changed to Burj Khalifa. This Tower was officially opened in 2010. It is situated in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world which is why Burj Khalifa is famous. Its height is about 2,717 feet (828 meters). In addition, Burj Khalifa is also a mixed-use skyscraper in Dubai. Its name is derived from the name of Sheikh Khalifa ibn Zayed Al Nahyan. It is designed by the Chicago-based architectural firm Skidmore.
Some fun facts make Burj Khalifa famous.
- Burj Khalifa is 828 meters tall, which makes it the tallest building in the world. It is three times taller than the Eiffel tower.
- Containing 160 floors, it also holds the highest number of floors in the world.
- Residential apartments are at 385 meters.
- Let’s talk about meals at Burj Khalifa. If you are a food lover, then it’s the best place for you. It contains the world’s highest restaurants having very luxury items on the menu.
- Maybe you are thinking about a simple elevator to move to the next floor. But Burj Khalifa contains the world’s tallest elevator that climbs 504 meters at once and travels at a speed of 60 Km per hour.
- You can admire the whole of Dubai from this tower at 555 meters in height.
Design and Development
Burj Khalifa was designed by Adrian Smith. Its shape is derived from Hymenocallis, also known as a desert lily. That is a local plant in the desert. Work on construction started in 2004 and end up in 2010. More than 12,000 workers are mainly from South Asia. Construction requires more than 330,000 cubic meters of concrete, which is equal to the weight of 100,000 elephants.
Aluminum is used to build the Burj Khalifa weighing as many as 5 Airbus airlines. So much Reinforce steel bar is used during the construction. Furthermore, the exterior of the Burj Khalifa is covered with about 26,000 glass panels. That is cut individually by hand. Exterior cladding is coated with silver to improve insulation. The solar panel was installed to heat the 140,000 liters of water. The whole work is complete in 7 years.
If we called it a tourist building then we can’t be wrong. Because it is a tourist building for tourists from all over the world. There are several restaurants and shopping malls in Burj Khalifa. It contains all the variety of the world. Dubai is famous as the best tourist place in the world. Thousands of visitors visit Dubai to see Burj Khalifa.
Fun facts about Burj Khalifa
- In this building, you will also find the second Armani Hotel. There is no reception in this hotel.
- If you are an art lover then you will be happy to know that this building is full of art.
- Tom Cruise (Hollywood actor) climbs the Burj Khalifa in his film name Mission Impossible.
- This building is surrounded by a huge Dubai fountain.
- It takes almost three months to clean the glass windows.