Top automobile companies in India
In this article, we discuss the top automobile companies in India. The assiduity presently manufactures 26 mn vehicles including Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers, Two Wheelers, and Quadricycles in April- March 2020, of which4.7 mn are exported.
India holds a strong position in the transnational heavy vehicles arena as it’s the largest tractor manufacturer, alternate-largest machine manufacturer, and third-largest heavy exchange manufacturer worldwide.
The Electric Vehicle request is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 44 between 2020- 2027 and is anticipated to hit6.34- million- unit periodic deals by 2027. The EV assiduity will produce five crore direct and circular jobs by 2030. (SOURCEinvestindia.gov.in)
India is an outstanding exporter and has strong exporting growth in the future, for helping in achieving that government has taken numerous enterprises for the betterment of India. Waiting to come to the leader in exporting two-wheelers and four-wheelers in 2021.
There are further than 14,000 + machine companies in India and over 99,000 manufacturing companies in the United States.
India’s largest car manufacturer is Maruti Suzuki. Since 1981, the company has had a market share of over 50% in the Indian passenger car market. Their most popular models include the Alto, WagonR, Swift, and Dzire. In addition to cars, Maruti Suzuki also manufactures vans, trucks, and buses. The company has over 3,500 dealerships and service stations across India.
Top 10 Automobile companies in India
Here are the following top 10 automobile companies in India:
Hyundai is one of the top automobile companies in India and has been around since 1996. The company offers a wide range of vehicles, from small hatchbacks to large SUVs. Hyundai also strongly focuses on safety, featuring all its cars’ advanced safety features. Hyundai’s cars are backed by a strong warranty program, giving customers peace of mind.
Tata Motors Limited is an Indian transnational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in the megacity of Mumbai, India, which is part of Tata Group. The company produces passenger buses, exchanges, vans, trainers, motorcars, luxury buses, sports buses, and construction outfits.
Formerly known as Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company( TELCO), the company was innovated in 1945 as a manufacturer of locomotives. The company manufactured its first marketable vehicle in 1954 in collaboration with Daimler- Benz AG, which ended in 1969. Tata Motors entered the passenger vehicle request in 1988 with the launch of the TataMobile, followed by the Tata Sierra in 1991, getting the first Indian manufacturer to develop a competitive indigenous machine. ( 5) In 1998, Tata launched the first completely indigenous Indian passenger auto, the Indica, and in 2008 launched the Tata Nano, the world’s most affordable auto. Tata Motors has been the parent company of Jaguar Land Rover since the company established it to access Jaguar buses and Land Rover from Ford in 2008.
Mahindra & Mahindra
- Mahindra & Mahindra is one of the top automobile companies in India.
- The company was founded in 1945 as a steel trading company.
- In 1947, the company began producing light commercial vehicles and agricultural tractors.
- The company has over 200,000 people and operates in over 100 countries.
- Mahindra & Mahindra is the largest tractor manufacturer in the world and the largest seller of SUVs in India.
- The company offers many products, including cars, trucks, buses, and two-wheelers.
- Mahindra & Mahindra is also active in renewable energy, electric vehicles, and mobility solutions.
General Motors India
In India, General Motors is one of the top automobile companies. It has been operating in the country for over two decades now and offers a wide range of vehicles. The company has manufacturing plants in Maharashtra and Gujarat, and its sales and marketing operations are based out of Mumbai. General Motors India also exports vehicles to several countries. Some of its popular models in the country include the Chevrolet Spark, Beat, Sail, Tavera, and Cruze.
Honda Motor Company
Honda is one of the top automobile companies in India and has been for many years. They are known for their quality cars that are affordable and reliable. Honda has many vehicles, including sedans, hatchbacks, SUVs, and more. Plus, they offer great customer service and have a strong network of dealerships and service centers across the country.
Headquartered in New Delhi, Hero MotoCorp is India’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer. In terms of market share, it holds a commanding lead in the domestic market. The company’s extensive product portfolio includes scooters, motorcycles, and mopeds. Hero MotoCorp also exports its products to over 50 countries across the globe.
TVS Motor Company
The company’s flagship product is the TVS Apache, a performance-oriented motorcycle available in multiple variants. Other popular products include the TVS Jupiter, TVS Radeon, and TVS Victor. The company also manufactures scooters, mopeds, and three-wheelers under the TVS brand name.
Bajaj Auto Limited
Bajaj Auto manufactures and sells motorcycles, scooters, and auto rickshaws. Rajiv Bajaj is the managing director (MD) of the company. The headquarters are in Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- Ashok Leyland is an Indian multinational automotive company headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- It is the second-largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India, the fourth-largest manufacturer of buses worldwide, and the 10th-largest manufacturer of trucks globally.
- More than 60% of its revenue comes from exports.
- The company is a flagship Hinduja Group company.
- Since its inception in 1948, the company has been producing commercial vehicles and manufactures a wide range of defense vehicles.
- The product range includes light commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, military logistics vehicles, and special-purpose vehicles such as fire engines, dumpers, and airport tugs.