Dermal fillers are an increasingly popular cosmetic treatment that can help to restore volume to the face, smooth out wrinkles and fine lines, and enhance facial features. However, many people are curious about how long fillers last before they need to be re-injected. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about how long fillers last, including the different types of fillers available and the factors that can affect the longevity of your results.
Types of Fillers
Several types of fillers are available, each with unique properties and longevity. Here are the most common types of fillers:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Fillers Hyaluronic acid filler are one of the most popular fillers today. They are made of a naturally occurring substance found in the body and can add volume to the cheeks, lips, and other areas of the face. The results of HA filler can last anywhere from six to twelve months, depending on the product used and the individual’s metabolism.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) Fillers Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers are another popular option for facial rejuvenation. They stimulate natural collagen production, producing a more youthful appearance. The results of CaHA fillers can last up to twelve months.
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA) Filler Poly-L-lactic acid filler are often used for facial rejuvenation and can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles. These fillers stimulate collagen production in the skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance. The results of PLLA fillers can last up to two years.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) Fillers Polymethylmethacrylate filler are a durable option for facial rejuvenation. These filters are made of a synthetic material not absorbed by the body, resulting in longer-lasting results. The results of PMMA fillers can last up to five years or more.
Factors That Affect the Longevity of Filler
Several factors can affect how long filler last. Here are some of the most common factors to consider:
- Type of Filler As we mentioned earlier, the type of filler used will significantly affect how long the results last. HA filler last six to twelve months, while PMMA filler last up to five years or more.
- Injection Site The area where the filler is injected will also affect how long the results last. Areas with more movement, such as the lips, tend to break down fillers faster than areas with less movement, such as the cheeks.
- Metabolism, Each individual’s metabolism is unique, meaning fillers can break down at different rates. Individuals with faster metabolisms may need to get fillers more frequently than those with slower metabolisms.
- Lifestyle Factors Certain lifestyle factors can also affect how long filler last. For example, smoking, excessive sun exposure, and stress can all break down filler faster and lead to shorter-lasting results.
How to Extend the Life of Your Filler
While the longevity of fillers can vary, there are several things you can do to extend the life of your results. Here are some tips:
- Protect Your Skin from the Sun Excessive sun exposure can break down filler faster, leading to shorter-lasting results. Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher daily to protect your skin.
- Follow a Healthy Lifestyle Following a healthy lifestyle can also help to extend the life of your filler. This includes getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water, eating a healthy diet, and avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Avoid Touching the Injection Site Avoid touching the site as much as possible, as this can cause the filler to break down faster.
- Follow Your Provider’s Aftercare Instructions Your provider will give you specific aftercare instructions to follow after your filler injection. Follow these instructions closely to ensure the best results and longest-lasting effects.
In conclusion, the longevity of filler can vary depending on several factors, including the type of filler used, the injection site, metabolism, and lifestyle factors. While HA filler can last up to twelve months, PMMA filler can last up to five years or more. By following the tips mentioned above, you can extend your life of your and enjoy your rejuvenated appearance for as long as possible. If you are considering filler for facial rejuvenation, be sure to consult with a qualified provider to discuss which type of filler is right for you and to receive personalized recommendations for aftercare.
Also Read: Chin filler before and after