Everything You Need to Know About FBISD Skyward Family Access
New to FBISD Skyward Family Access? Need help with how to use the system correctly? No worries! Here is Everything You Need to Know About FBISD Skyward Family Access and make your family’s life much easier this school year.
What is FBISD Skyward?
FBISD is excited to offer a new service called Skyward Family Access. This is an opportunity for families not in attendance at school to access their own devices. From here, they can monitor their student’s grades, attendance, and schedules. They can also send messages and updates as needed.
How To Get Started?
1) Create a unique user ID and password.
2) Create your profile with your contact information and update it when necessary.
3) Provide us with emergency contact information if you are interested in accessing this information through FBISD Skyward Family Access.
4) Review your privacy settings by clicking on Privacy Settings. You can adjust who can see your profile, what personal information you share, etc., and choose to post updates about yourself for all to see or limit them to friends or family members only.
Why Should I Have An Account?
If you’re a student, parent, or guardian in FBISD, you can have an account with our district’s portal. With your account, you can:
- Check grades and assignments
- View and update your contact information
- View and update your emergency contacts for school
- Check archived reports from previous years
Can My Child See Their Grades On Their Phone?
Skyward Family Access is a mobile application that allows parents and students to access their grades, attendance, schedules, and more from their phones. Parents can also monitor their student’s progress with Parent View. So if you’ve been wanting an easier way to stay in touch with what your child is doing at school and you have a smartphone, this app is perfect for you!
How Do I Set Up The Parent Portal?
Before your child can use their login, you will need to set up a parent portal. To get started, go into My Account and select Parent Login. This will bring you to a page with an option for creating a new account or signing in with an existing one. If you are adding a new account, enter your email address and create a password for yourself. Once you have done that, you should be able to log into the portal using your email address and password.
What If My Child Doesn’t Have A Cell Phone?
If your child does not have a cell phone, you must create an account for them. You can do this by following these instructions:
1) Log into your FBISD Skyward account and create an additional profile for your child.
2) Give that new profile permission to access all student records, including attendance and grades.
3) Send a text message from your phone with your name and birthdate in it.
4) If they have a district-owned device, follow the instructions to set up their device.
How Do I Know My Child’s Grades On Their Device?
Skyward Family Access allows you to check grades on your child’s device. Parents need to monitor their child’s progress to work with teachers and help them improve.
1) Tap your child’s name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2) Tap grades
3) You can view grades by subject, grade level, or overall GPA.
5 Tips to Get the Most Out of FBISD Skyward Family Access
1) Sign Up
2) Connect With Your Child’s Teachers
3) Check Grades Online
4) Stay Informed by Listening in on Parent Conferences
5) Make School a Priority
For more interesting articles, visit our website: TECH INFO BOOST.